“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I…I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
Although Time is a continuum, the beauty of having it divided up into 12 month segments, is that with the coming of each new year we are given a chance to stop and evaluate the activities of the year gone by and chart our course ahead. As I am in the fortunate position of not having to answer to anyone, I am able to choose what I want to do. The challenge of course, is to know where to put one’s energies so that they will bear the sweetest fruit.
So, after a couple of weeks of relaxation and navel gazing, I have reassessed my situation, made my plans and realize that I have much to look forward to in 2013. The following are just a few of the many things that I will be bringing you news on:
- The launch of For Rhino in a Shrinking World: an International Anthology and the launch of a range of greeting cards and limited edition prints of the book’s illustrations.
- Weekly drawing classes with residents of Grahamstown
- A creative workshop with the 2013 Rhodes University Drama Masters students
- A creative workshop with the 4th year Rhodes University Journalism Design students
- The launch of a new Art Journaling Workshop to be held monthly in my studio from March 2013. More on this to come…
- My solo art exhibition, provisionally titled Delta and Desert: Journeys into the Wilderness, to be held at the Carinus Art Centre, Grahamstown during the National Arts Festival 27th June – 7th July 2013. There will be lots more on this in future posts…
Come travel with me…